Responsible Travel: COVID-19
Together we can all do our part to have fun and stay safe!
The Town of Golden and the surrounding area are working with all levels of government and local businesses to ensure that our community remains safe for visitors and residents. British Columbia’s vaccination efforts are well underway though until we receive new information, we are asking everyone to respect and follow the health guidelines that have been recommended by the province. Continue to practice physical distancing and indoor mask-wearing and abide by individual business's COVID-19 protocols. We all want to help keep our community safe this summer!
Here’s what we’re doing to protect you when you come to Golden:
- Accommodators,restaurants, and shops are implementing provincially approved guidelines for cleaning and physical distancing. Businesses display their COVID-19 protocols prior to entering and provide hand sanitizer.
- All activity providers have additional safety measures in place.
- Due to limited space and modified group sizes, please call ahead to activity providers to see if there are additional items you are required to bring in advance of your trip.
Here’s what we’re asking you to do to help keep our locals & their staff safe:
- Review British Columbia’s Public Health restrictions to reduce COVID-19 transmission. Review BC's Restart plan. These restrictions can include mandatory masks in public spaces, travel advisories, and restrictions on restaurants, events, and group gatherings.
- If anyone in your travelling group has been sick, experienced flu-like symptoms, have travelled outside of Canada, or has been exposed to anyone who has tested positive for COVID-19 in the past 14 days, PLEASE RESCHEDULE your trip.
- PLAN AHEAD Book your accommodation, activities, and any dining in advance!
- Bring your own personal protective equipment (i.e. hand sanitizer and mask).
- Only send ONE person from your group to go shopping in town for essential needs, this includes grocery stores, liquor stores, and cannabis shops.
- Interior Health recommends anyone with COVID-19-like symptoms, however mild, get tested. Even out of province visitors can access testing through the COVID-19 online booking form or by calling 1-877-740-7747 between 8:00 am - 7:00 pm PST. For more information visit Interior Health Testing Information. Following the test, you must isolate immediately until you have your results. If you test positive continue your quarantine and contact your accommodator to let them know of your results.
- Respect the 2m physical distancing recommendations whenever possible in public spaces including parks, walking trails, and recreation areas. For full details about Golden businesses visit www.tourismgolden.com/covid-19-info.
- We thank you for respecting these travelling tips and look forward to welcoming you to Golden!