Use these links to quickly access Latest news, Tourism Golden Response, Federal Response, Provincial Response, Financial Support, Business Support, Industry Resources, Research and Public Health and travel information.
From Sept 13, proof of vaccination is required to access some businesses and events. View proof of vaccination info.
Aug 25, Masks are mandatory in indoor public settings for all people 12 years and older in B.C.
Aug 20, Applicable to the Interior Health Region:
- changes to gatherings in short-term rentals, and personal and organised gatherings are in effect. Learn more.
View the current travel restrictions at www.gov.bc.ca/covidtravel. View the Restart Plan at www.gov.bc.ca/restartbc.
TIABC, BCHA, ITBC, BCRTS and Destination BC produced this Tourism Sector Restart Step 3 Toolkit with guidance for the tourism industry during Step 3.
View the new "Travelling to Golden During COVID-19 Stakeholder Toolkit" with updated information for the spring, summer, and fall of 2021.
Daily update - BC COVID-19 Dashboard.
July - Read TIABC Recovery Stimulus Package for BC's Tourism & Hospitality Sector
Dec - Read the Final Report of the Tourism Task Force
Aug 24 - BC announces mandatory masks for people 12 years and older from Aug 25. Read the release.
Aug 23 - BC announces proof of vaccination from Sept 13. Read the release.
Aug 20 - Changes to Interior Health Authority guidance on masks and gatherings. Find out more.
July 30 - CEWS and CERS extended to October 23, 2021. Read the release.
July 19 - Federal announcement of easing of borders for fully vaccinated travellers. Read the release.
July 12 Federal Tourism Relief Fund launched. View details for W. Canada.
July 1 - BC Restart Plan Step 3 allows travel within Canada. Read the release.
Jun 14 - BC Restart Plan Step 2 allows travel within BC from Jun 15th. Read the release.
Jun 8 - BC State of Emergency extended to June 22. Read the release.
May 25 - BC launches Restart Plan. Read the release.
May 12 - BC State of Emergency extended to May 25. Read the release.
Apr 27 - BC State of Emergency extended to May 11. Read the release.
Apr 26 - Circuit Breaker Grant now available to accommodations. Find out more.
April 23 - Joint statement from Minister Melanie Mark, TIABC, BCHA, ITBC and DBC.
April 23 - BC Government announces new travel restriction. Read the release.
April 20 - Current Province-wide restrictions.
April 13 - BC State of Emergency extended to April 27. Read the release.
Tourism Golden is committed to supporting our tourism stakeholders during this unprecedented critical period for the industry. There is still much uncertainty but to the best of our ability, we will keep you informed of important changes to the public health situation, primary emergency programs and industry resources. In addition, we are implementing our own strategy mirroring Destination BC’s Response, Recovery, Resilience strategy to keep Golden top of mind for future visits whilst encouraging people to stay at home and flatten the curve. We are creating local and regional campaigns to be launched when appropriate. Watch the 2020 AGM for an update.
The Tourism Golden office at 9th Ave N. is temporarily closed and all staff are working remotely. There is no interruption to business as we continue to assist our stakeholders through this difficult period. Contact staff or your Board sector representative.
Keep us informed by using this link to notify us of changes to your services. We will communicate these as appropriate via our consumer webpage.
Keeping you informed with regular e-blasts about the evolving COVID-19 situation and support. Read the latest Update #14
COVID 19 Virtual Town Hall
- Highly Affected Sectors Credit Availability Program (HASCAP).
- Regional Relief & Recovery Fund available via WD Support for Business.
- Canada Emergency Commercial Rent Assistance - will lower rent for affected small businesses. More info & application.
- Canada Emergency Wage Subsidy - a 75% wage subsidy for eligible businesses.
- Canada Emergency Business Account - interest-free loans up to $40,000. Contact your financial institution.
- 10% wage subsidy for eligible small business, not-for-profits and charities.
- Business Credit Availability Program Small and Medium-sized Enterprise Loan and Guarantee program.
- GST remittance payments and customs import duties deferred to June 30th, 2020.
- Business income tax remittance deferred to August 31st, 2020.
- Canada Emergency Response Benefit - $2,000 monthly taxable benefit for Canadians unable to work.
- Work-share program extended to 76 weeks and waiting period waived. Call 1-800-367-5693
- Tourism Task Force.
- Circuit Breaker Business Relief Grant. More information.
- Launch Online Grant Program. More information.
- Small and Medium-Sized Business Recovery Grant program. More information.
- Rent relief for outdoor adventure operators. Read the release.
- BC Economic Recovery Plan Sept 17, 2020
- BC Emergency Benefit for workers provides $1000 for lost income. Online applications open May 1st 2020.
- Tax payments deferred to September 30, 2020, for Employer health tax, PST & MRDT, carbon tax, motor fuel tax & tobacco tax.
- WorksafeBC Q1 payments deferred to June 30th, 2020.
- Most commercial property tax bills will be reduced by an average of 25%. Read the release.
- Economic Recovery Task Force. Read the release.
- Provincial state of emergency extended to June 9. More information.
- BC's Restart Plan
Tourism Relief Fund More information
Small & Medium-Sized Business Recovery Grant program. More information.
- Community Futures Emergency loan for eligible businesses.
- Columbia Basin Trust Small Business Working Capital Loan.
- B.C. Business COVID-19 Support Service; a one-stop resource provided by Small Business BC in partnership.
- Basin Business Advisors program operated by the Columbia Basin Trust offers timely, reliable and relevant business information on COVID-19.
- BC Tourism Resiliency Network. Provided by Kootenay Rockies Tourism. Register here
- Apr 23 - May 24 Tourism Industry Travel Restrictions Toolkit.
- Public safety videos for hospitality.
- Destination BC COVID-19 Update, messaging guidance, Response to COVID-19 and weekly calls.
- BC Meetings and Events Safe Restart Guidelines
- Destination BC Road to Recovery webinar series.
- Tourism Industry Association of BC TIABC
- Destination Canada updates, resources, research and webinar recordings
- Tourism Industry Association of Canada TIAC
- Hotel Association of Canada
- Restaurants Canada
- Canadian Camping & RV Council
- Go2HR Health & Safety Resources, FAQs for tourism employers and HR resources
- Parks Canada COVID-19 updates
- BC Parks COVID-19 response
- Hand hygiene poster download to print and post in your place of business
- Destination BC's Resident Sentiment & industry roundup
- Tourism Impact Report July - Sept
- Tourism Impact Report July
- Tourism Impact Report June
- Tourism Impact Report May 10th
- Tourism Impact Report April 12th
- Accommodation Impact Report April 12th
- The State of Tourism in Canada Sept
- The State of Tourism in Canada Aug
- The State of Tourism in Canada July
- The State of Tourism in Canada #5 May 11
- Health Canada COVID-19 information line: 1-833-784-4397. Interpretation services are available in multiple languages. Or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Public Health Agency of Canada for the latest outbreak update on COVID-19
- Health Link BC for detailed information including FAQs
- BC Centre for Disease Control
- Event Planning