COVID-19 Information for Stakeholders
Use these links to quickly access Latest news, Tourism Golden Response, Federal Response, Provincial Response, Financial Support, Business Support, Industry Resources, Research and Public Health and travel information.
Daily update - BC COVID-19 Dashboard.
Mar 17 - Starting April 1, 2022, pre-entry tests will no longer be required for fully vaccinated travellers entering Canada by land, air or water. More information.
Mar 10 - Masks are no longer required in B.C. Mask wearing is a personal choice. Other COVID-related restrictions are ending. Find out more.
Tourism Golden Response:
Tourism Golden has been committed to supporting our tourism stakeholders during this unprecedented critical period for the industry. There is still much uncertainty but we are focussing our efforts on post-pandemic recovery and rebuilding a sustainable and responsible industry. Throughout the pandemic, our advertising campaigns have focused primarily on domestic audiences, either with a 'Dream Golden' message to remain top-of-mind or with an immediate call to action to travel. Target USA geo-locations were incorporated from September 2021 as border restrictions eased. Beginning March 2022, our digital advertising has broadened to key European markets. Check out the 2021 AGM recording for more information on our activity, campaigns and strategy moving forward. Despite the pandemic and restrictions in 2021, there was positive growth in 2021 against 2020. Take a look at the Telus Insight data on the Research webpage for more detailed information.
Keeping you informed with regular e-blasts about the evolving COVID-19 situation, PHO requirements and support programs.
Jun 9th - Storytelling on Social facilitated by Conner Galway. Watch the recording.
June 10th - Golden Summer/Fall 2020. Watch the recording.
COVID 19 Virtual Town Hall
Quarterly stakeholder online meetings are scheduled for 2022. Watch out for the reminders in your in-box.
- Tourism Task Force.
- Economic Recovery Task Force. Read the release.
- BC's response to COVID-19.
- BC Tourism Resiliency Network
Financial Support for Business:
Tourism Accommodation and Commercial Recreation Relief Fund.
Tourism Relief Fund More information
Highly Affected Sectors Credit Availability Program (HASCAP).
Columbia Basin Trust Small Business Working Capital Loan.
Business Support Services:
- B.C. Business COVID-19 Support Service; a one-stop resource provided by Small Business BC in partnership.
- Basin Business Advisors program operated by the Columbia Basin Trust offers timely, reliable and relevant business information on COVID-19.
- BC Tourism Resiliency Network. Provided by Kootenay Rockies Tourism. Register here
- Tourism Sector Toolkit
- Destination BC COVID-19 Update, messaging guidance, Response to COVID-19 and weekly calls.
- BC Meetings and Events Safe Restart Guidelines
- Destination BC Road to Recovery webinar series.
- Tourism Industry Association of BC TIABC
- Destination Canada updates, resources, research and webinar recordings
- Tourism Industry Association of Canada TIAC
- Hotel Association of Canada
- Restaurants Canada
- Canadian Camping & RV Council
- Go2HR Health & Safety Resources, FAQs for tourism employers and HR resources
- Parks Canada COVID-19 updates
- BC Parks COVID-19 response
- Hand hygiene poster download to print and post in your place of business
Public Health Information Sources:
- Health Canada COVID-19 information line: 1-833-784-4397. Interpretation services are available in multiple languages. Or email: email@example.com
- Public Health Agency of Canada for the latest outbreak update on COVID-19
- Health Link BC for detailed information including FAQs
- BC Centre for Disease Control
- Event Planning
Government of Canada Travel Advisories